The University Studies and General Studies degrees with an emphasis in physical education provide an introduction to theories, principles, and practices utilized in sports, fitness, and education-related fields. Although the physical education emphasis prepares a student for further study of physical education, kinesiology, physiology of exercise, movement science or athletic training, the transfer of lower division major courses to a university for pursuit of a baccalaureate degree is depending on the transfer institution requirements. Students must meet with a counselor to ensure completion of required coursework for chosen major and specific college or university.
As a Physical Education major, you will:
- Study the history and theory of physical education and sport.
- Develop skills in areas related to fitness and individual and team sports.
- Small class sizes.
- Individualized tutoring.
- Laboratory opportunities.
- Intercollegiate Athletics – Lassen College fields sports teams that compete throughout California. Men's sports are baseball, basketball, soccer and wrestling; women's sports are basketball, soccer, softball and volleyball.
- Fitness Courses – Many options are available to students wanting to adopt active lifestyles, manage weight, or are interested in practicing a new sport.
- Fitness Center and Yoga are some fitness favorites at LCC.
- Associate in Arts Degree University Studies: Emphasis in Physical Education
- Associate in Arts Degree General Studies: Emphasis in Physical Education
- Athletics Coach
- Physical Education Teacher
- Personal Fitness Trainer
- Physical Therapist
- Athletic Trainer
- Sports Official
Some positions however require a four-year degree for which LCC's program is a good base for transfer.
Associate Degree and Certificate of Achievement in Physical Education can be completed within two (2) years.