The Associates in Science Degree in Geology is designed to provide students with a strong foundation for the study of physical processes in and on the Earth in preparation for transfer to a California State University. It is an excellent starting point for students interested in pursuing a baccalaureate degree in Geology. The geology major is designed to provide undergraduate preparation leading to careers in resource exploration, hydrogeology, or environmental geology.
As a Geology major, you will:
- Study a comprehensive introduction to the field of geology through courses that are academically rigorous and content appropriate.
- Develop a solid foundation in the basic elements of scientific inquiry.
- Identify an area of specialization in geology.
- Core curriculum in Geology for transfer to a California State University
- Small class size
- Individualized tutoring
- Laboratory and Field study opportunities
- Associate Degree in Geology can be completed within two (2) years.
Associate in Science in Geology for Transfer
- Environmental Scientist
- Geological Engineer
- Geological Technician
- Mining Engineer
- Natural Science Manger
- Petroleum Technician