DUE TO COVID-19, All 2020 NRA SUMMER COURSES HAVE BEEN CANCELED
Established in 1945, Lassen Community College Gunsmithing is the oldest gunsmithing school in the United States. We offer Associate in Science Degrees in Firearms Repair and General Gunsmithing, as well as Certificates of Completion for Pistolsmith, Riflesmith, Long Guns, and Gunsmith Machinist and Metal Finishing.
Degree programs and Certificate programs are designed to be realistic and comprehensive, spanning the wide spectrum of skills needed to compete in the modern job market. (See program links at the bottom of the page for more information)
APPLICATION/REGISTRATION DETAILS AND AGENDA
1. Begining May 27th at 8:00 AM Pacfic time students may apply/register online. Click here for the Online Application.
2. Students will be accepted on a first come, first served basis up to 22 students with 8 alternates. These students will continue with registration and orientation. Remaining students will be placed on a wait list and given priority for the following year.
3. Students will complete the following steps to be accepted into the Gunsmithing Program:
a. Complete College Application
b. Meet with a counselor and complete an Educational Plan
c. Complete Financial Aid Application/FAFSA (must provide copy of 2018 tax return)
d. Complete registration for Fall 2020 courses
e. Complete California Department of Justice Certificate of Eligibility (COE) application, including livescan fingerprints. (Students' continuation in the Gunsmithing Program will be contingent on a valid COE.) Please bring $49 for livescan service (cash or check only)
4. Students will receive a comprehensive tool and firearm list and have the ability to ask instructors questions.
5. Students will receive a tour of the Lassen Community College campus and Gunsmithing facility.
6. Lodging information
7. Frequently asked questions
8. If you have additional questions please contact us at:
NRA SUMMER COURSES
As an NRA affiliated Gunsmithing school, we also offer one and two week NRA Short Term Gunsmithing Courses during the Summer. Courses are offered in Basic Machine Shop, Barreling, specific firearms platforms, California P.O.S.T Certified Law Enforcement Armorer Schools, engraving, Knife making, and metal finishes.
Whether your interests are as a career path or for personal enrichment, we invite you to join us for these enjoyable and informative classes. These courses are separate from the Gunsmithing Degree/Certificate Program and anyone can enroll.
*Students are responsible for providing firearms and tools needed for their coursework.
Please check our webpage in the Fall for Lassen Community College's 2021 NRA Summer Schedule.