The emphasis in Allied Health is designed to provide the lower division major courses to transfer to a university and earn a Bachelor's degree in a health or medical field. Students must meet with a counselor to ensure completion required coursework for chosen major and specific college/university.
As an Allied Health major, you will:
- Complete prerequisite courses for degrees in nursing, health care, occupational health and safety, or health care related fields.
- Explore a variety of science and general education courses.
- Prerequisite courses for Registered Nursing (RN) upgrade programs
- Small class size
- Hands-on activities
- Associate Degree and Certificate of Achievement in Nursing and Allied Health can be completed within two (2) years.
Associate in Arts Degree University Studies: Emphasis in Allied Health
- Community Health Educator
- Family Planning Educator
- Environmental Health Specialist
- Health Program Coordinator
- Physician's Assistant
- Physical Therapist
- Public Health Educator
- Registered Nurse