The AA-T in Kinesiology is designed to provide students with a strong foundation for the study of the human body and body mechanics in preparation for transfer to a California State University. It is an excellent starting point for students interested in pursuing a baccalaureate degree in Kinesiology, Physical Education, and Sports Administration. The kinesiology major is designed to provide under graduate preparation leading to careers in physical fitness, physical therapy, sports medicine, coaching and education.
As a Kinesiology major, you will:
- Study a comprehensive introduction to the field of kinesiology through courses that are academically rigorous and content appropriate.
- Develop a solid foundation in the basic elements of scientific inquiry.
- Identify an area of specialization in kinesiology
- The Associate in Arts in Kinesiology for Transfer degree includes the core curriculum for transfer to a California State University.
- Small class sizes.
- Individualized tutoring.
- Laboratory opportunities.
- Intercollegiate Athletics – Lassen College fields sports teams that compete throughout California. Men's sports are baseball, basketball, soccer and wrestling; women's sports are basketball, soccer, softball and volleyball.
- Fitness Courses – Many options are available to students wanting to adopt active lifestyles, manage weight, or are interested in practicing a new sport.
- Fitness Center and Yoga are some fitness favorites at LCC.
Associate in Arts in Kinesiology for Transfer
- Athletics Coach
- Physical Education Teacher
- Personal Fitness Trainer
- Physical Therapist
- Athletic Trainer
- Sports Official
Some positions however require a four-year degree for which LCC's program is a good base for transfer.