The Associate in Science Degree in Fire Technology is designed to provide students with updated skills and knowledge necessary to successfully compete for fire service positions. The curriculum serves as an in-service program as well as pre-employment program for students seeking employment or advancement in the profession of urban firefighting and wildland fire suppression.
As a fire technology major, you will:
- Study a broad overview of fire technology including: fire behavior, fire prevention, fire protection equipment and systems.
- Study the organizational structures and management techniques used in wildland fire suppression.
- Study the tactics used in urban firefighting.
- Up-to-date technical information
- Networking with other members of the fire service
- Associate Degree and Certificate of Achievement in Fire Technology can be completed within two (2) years.
Associate in Science in Fire Technology
CERTIFICATE OF ACHIEVEMENT
Basic Fire Fighter
Some fire service careers may require more than two years of college study. Classes beyond the associate degree may be required to fulfill some career preparation or for transfer to a four-year university program.