Established in 1945, Lassen Community College Gunsmithing is the oldest gunsmithing school in the United States. We offer Associate in Science Degrees in Firearms Repair and General Gunsmithing, as well as Certificates of Completion for Pistolsmith, Riflesmith, Long Guns, and Gunsmith Machinist and Metal Finishing.
Degree programs and Certificate programs are designed to be realistic and comprehensive, spanning the wide spectrum of skills needed to compete in the modern job market.
- Starting at exactly 9:00 a.m. pacific standard time on October 3, 2016, the Gunsmithing program waitlist form can be found at: http:\\www.lassencollege.edu/academics/our-programs/gunsmithing-application/gunsmithing-waitlist-form
Waitlist Form Example
- Fill out the Gunsmithing program waitlist form completely. Incomplete forms will not be accepted.
- Each email is time stamped as they are received and that time stamp determines each persons’ number on the waitlist. Early forms will not be accepted.
- After submitting your complete Gunsmithing waitlist form you will be directed to a confirmation page.
- The Gunsmith Waitlist Manager will send each person their number on the waitlist, by email, in a reasonable amount of time.
- Thank you for choosing Lassen Community College!
NRA SUMMER COURSES*
As an NRA affiliated Gunsmithing school, we also offer one and two week NRA Short Term Gunsmithing Courses during the Summer. Courses are offered in Basic Machine Shop, Barreling, specific firearms platforms, Law Enforcement Armorers Schools, engraving, Knife making, and metal finishes.
Whether your interests are as a career path or for personal enrichment, we invite you to join us for these enjoyable and informative classes.
*Students are responsible for providing firearms and tools needed for their coursework.
2016 NRA Summer Course Registration is OPEN!!!
June 6 - June 10 GSS 98.02 Cowboy Action Long Guns
June 6 - June 17 GSS 112 Basic Machine Shop
June 6 - June 17 GSS 117 GTAW Welding for Gunsmiths (evening class)
June 6 - June 17 GSS 123 Basic Hard Metal Engraving
June 6 - June 17 GSS 127 Advanced Hard Metal Engraving
June 20 - June 24 GSS 98.13 Metallurgy for Gunsmiths
June 20 - June 24 GSS 82 General Gunsmithing
June 20 - June 24 GSS 114 Basic Rifle Barreling
June 20 - July 1 GSS 98.12 Cowboy Leather Belts & Holsters (evening class)
June 27 - July 1 GSS 119 Advanced Rifle Barreling
June 27 - July 1 GSS 83 General Gunsmithing Advanced
June 27 - July 1 GSS 134 Caustic Bluing
June 27 - July 1 GSS 72.01 Metallic Cartridge Reloading
July 11 - July 15 GSS 95 Basic Law Enforcement Armorer School
July 11 - July 15 GSS 98.09 Color Case Hardening
July 11 - July 22 GSS 112 Basic Machine Shop
July 11 - July 22 GSS 72.01 Metallic Cartridge Reloading (evening class)
July 18 - July 22 GSS 88 LEAS Design, Function & Repair Single Action Auto
July 18 - July 22 GSS 77 Accurizing M1-M1A for Competition
July 25 - July 29 GSS 87 LEAS Design, Function & Repair Double Action Auto
July 25 - July 29 GSS 89 LEAS Full Automatic Firearms
July 25 - July 29 GSS 51.01 Stock Inletting
July 25 - July 29 GSS 114 Basic Rifle Barreling
August 1 - August 5 GSS 147 LEAS Advanced Rifle Assembly of Gas Operated Rifles
August 1 - August 5 GSS 98.06 LEAS Design, Function and Repair Long Guns
Gunsmithing Program Links:
NRA Summer Courses Links:
NRA/Gunsmithing and POST Coordinator
530-257-6181 Ext. 8910
Office Phone: 530.251.8800
Office Location: Vocational Tech Building