Established in 1945, Lassen Community College Gunsmithing is the oldest gunsmithing school in the United States. We offer Associate in Science Degrees in Firearms Repair and General Gunsmithing, as well as Certificates of Completion for Pistolsmith, Riflesmith, Long Guns, and Gunsmith Machinist and Metal Finishing.
Degree programs and Certificate programs are designed to be realistic and comprehensive, spanning the wide spectrum of skills needed to compete in the modern job market.
- Starting at exactly 9:00 a.m. pacific standard time on October 1, 2015, the Gunsmithing program waitlist form can be found at:
- Fill out the Gunsmithing program waitlist form completely. Incomplete forms will not be accepted.
- Each email is time stamped as they are received and that time stamp determines each persons’ number on the waitlist. Early forms will not be accepted.
- After submitting your complete Gunsmithing waitlist form you will be directed to a confirmation page.
- The Gunsmith Waitlist Manager will send each person their number on the waitlist, by email, in a reasonable amount of time.
- Thank you for choosing Lassen Community College!
Application deadline April 17, 2015 at 5pm. Can be submitted via email to email@example.com or by mail to PO Box 3000 Susanville CA 96130 attention NRA Scholarship. Post marks will not be accepted.
NRA SUMMER COURSES*
As an NRA affiliated Gunsmithing school, we also offer one and two week NRA Short Term Gunsmithing Courses during the Summer. Courses are offered in Basic Machine Shop, Barreling, specific firearms platforms, Law Enforcement Armorers Schools, engraving, Knife making, and metal finishes.
Whether your interests are as a career path or for personal enrichment, we invite you to join us for these enjoyable and informative classes.
Online registration for summer classes opens April 25, 2015.
*Students are responsible for providing firearms and tools needed for their coursework.
Gunsmithing Program Links:
NRA Summer Courses Links:
NRA/Gunsmithing and POST Coordinator
530-257-6181 Ext. 8910
Office Phone: 530.251.8800
Office Location: Vocational Tech Building