Welcome to the Lassen College Counseling Office! Our academic counselors are available to assist students with course selection, interpreting assessment results, developing vocational and educational plans, and identifying and solving problems which may interfere with academic progress.
- Assistance with choosing a major
- Help with course selection - adding and dropping classes
- Creating an Education Plan
- Assistance with accessing academic support services
Counselors are available for walk-in visits 8:00am - 4:00pm Mon - Fri. Comprehensive Education Plans require an appointment. The Counseling Office is located in the Student Services Building.
All the information on how to become a student is on our NEW STUDENTS page. When meeting with a counselor, please bring any transcripts or testing scores you have, so course placement can be determined.
Bring to Counseling:
- Assessment test from Lassen College or another college
- High school transcripts and/or transcripts from any other college you have attended (unofficial is okay)
- SAT, ACT, AP, or EAP test scores
DEGREES AND CERTIFICATES OFFERED AT LASSEN
Choosing a degree or certificate can be difficult. Take a Career, Interest and Skills survey at the Career & Transfer Center. This survey can help you determine the right career or major for you. Bring the results when you meet with your counselor. This list of our DEGREES & CERTIFICATES will get you started. You can also pick up curriculum guides for every degree/certificate we offer from the racks outside the Counseling Office.
It's best to meet with your counselor at least once every semester, and more often if you are having academic or personal concerns. Be sure to make an appointment for a comprehensive Education Plan during your 2nd semester.
More Information and FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS