CARE is administered by the EOPS Program and serves the unique needs of single parents who are designated as head of household. At the time students are accepted into CARE they must have, at least one child under the age of 14, be a full time student, and be a current recipient of CalWORKs/TANF/AFDC. All CARE students must be accepted into the EOPS Program.
Application period is open year round for CARE/DSPS/CalWORKs and Foster Youth students.
Support Services Include:
- Child care reimbursements
- Support services
- Academic and career advising
To be eligible for the CARE program, the student must meet the following criteria:
- Maintain a full-time program of study (12 units or more)
- Have at least one qualified dependent under the age of 14 years
- Apply for Federal Financial Aid and be eligible to receive either a Board of Governors (BOG) Grant A or B (fee waiver)
- TANF/CalWORKs as a single head of household and currently receiving cash aid
- Eligible for the EOP&S Program
- 18 years of age or older
- Be a California Resident