The Lassen College Foundation is committed to building relationships that enhance financial and educational investments, and benefit Lassen College and the surrounding community. Incorporated in 1977, the Lassen College Foundation is a public charity under IRC Section 501(c)(3). The Foundation provides financial support to the college for the Choose Lassen Grant and innovative programs.
The objectives of the Foundation are to continue providing scholarships to attend Lassen College, develop an alumni association, build an endowment fund, and increase college involvement within the community and community involvement in the college. The Foundation always seeks motivated, visionary people to advance higher education within the District.
Visit the links to learn more about to meet the Foundation, its board of directors, and find the way of giving that best meets your philanthropic objectives.
Vision: The Foundation envisions a community with a culture of philanthropy that supports higher education for local workforce development, intellectual growth, and civic, cultural, and social leadership.
Mission: The mission of the Lassen College Foundation is to provide financial support to Lassen Community College for scholarships, innovative programs and resources on campus and in the district.
The Foundation makes friends for the college in the community by being ambassadors and advocates for the college, students, faculty, and administration. Listed here are the services administered by the Foundation:
- Grants: The Foundation offers the “Choose Lassen” Grant to attend Lassen College.
- Scholarships: Scholarships available for LCC students to apply for that are listed on the Foundation web page, including the Elliot Dow Memorial Scholarship.
- Alumni Association: The Foundation maintains communications for alumni news and events, peer networking, and student mentoring.
- Community/College Involvement: The Foundation sponsors events that bring the college to the community and the community to the college.
- Endowments: The Foundation seeks opportunities to grow endowments with planned gifts, such as bequests, or “once in a lifetime” gifts.