Established in 1945, Lassen Community College Gunsmithing is the oldest gunsmithing school in the United States. We offer Associate in Science Degrees in Firearms Repair and General Gunsmithing, as well as Certificates of Completion for Pistolsmith, Riflesmith, Long Guns, and Gunsmith Machinist and Metal Finishing.
Degree programs and Certificate programs are designed to be realistic and comprehensive, spanning the wide spectrum of skills needed to compete in the modern job market. (See program links at the bottom of the page for more information)
APPLICATION/REGISTRATION DETAILS AND AGENDA
Beginning May 17th at 8:00 AM Pacific time students may apply/register in-person. Students will be accepted on a first come, first served basis up to 17 students with 6 alternates. These students will continue with registration and orientation. Remaining students will be placed on a wait list and given priority for the following year.
Students will complete the following steps on May 17th to be accepted into the Gunsmithing Program:
- Complete College Application
- Meet with a counselor and complete an Educational Plan
- Complete Financial Aid Application/FAFSA (must provide copy of 2019 tax return)
- Complete registration for Fall 2021
- Complete California Department of Justice Certificate of Eligibility (COE) application, including livescan fingerprints. (Students' continuation in the Gunsmithing Program will be contingent on a valid COE.)
- Please bring $49 for livescan service (cash or check only)
- Students will receive a comprehensive tool and firearm list and have the ability to ask instructors questions.
- Students will receive a tour of the Lassen Community College Gunsmithing facility.
9. Lodging information
10. Frequently asked questions
11. If you have additional questions please contact us at:
NRA SUMMER COURSES