The Lassen Community College Business Program provides students with the opportunity to build a solid foundation in core business skills, accounting, and develop new skills designed to enhance their vocational future in a constantly changing society, and provide transfer opportunities for those seeking an advanced degree. In the business program, students can explore seemingly endless career opportunities from small retail shops to international corporations. Every kind of company, organization and government agency relies on business expertise.
The student will study business curriculum including:
- Small Business Management and Mathematics
- Keyboarding/Word Processing
- Integrated Office Applications
- Organization and Supervision of Office Activities
- Business Communication
- General Office ProceduresThe program offers Associates in Science in Business Administration for Transfer, Office Administrative Assistant, and Accounting, Certificates of Achievement in Office Administrative Assistant and Entrepreneurship.
This program offers preparation for first-time employment, re-entry, or career advancement opportunities such as bank employee, clerk, data-entry, receptionist, retail/industrial sales, word processor, business administration, certified public accountant, management accounting, auditor, budget analysis, financial accounts, or administrative assistant.