New Student Registration
SIX EASY STEPS!
1. Complete the online APPLICATION FOR ADMISSION.
Click on APPLY NOW on the homepage to begin the 2-step application process. First create a user account, then continue to sign-in to complete and submit the 9-part application. You will see a confirmation page. Once your application is processed, you will be emailed your Student ID#, Username and initial password from LCCAdmissions. (Please check your spam or junk folders). Your login information will be used to access MyLassen-LCC Portal where you can register for classes, check financial aid, access student email, see department information and view LCC announcements.
Please note: If you don’t receive the email with Portal login information, call the IT Help Desk at (530) 251-8844.
2. Login to MyLassen-LCC Portal.
Click on the Portal Button, and then click FIRST TIME AT THE PORTAL? Use your username and initial password to sign in to change your password and register your account. If you have trouble, click here for YouTube tutorials https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOQ0_xeSeAA.
3. Complete the online NEW STUDENT ORIENTATION.
(You will need to have already logged into the Portal and changed your password in order to complete orientation) Orientation is important because it familiarizes you with the steps required to register for classes, the types of academic programs, and the student services available at Lassen. Complete each section in the HUB OVERVIEW, and submit the quizzes. New Student Orientation.
4. Go to FINANCIAL AID.
(* International Students are ineligible for financial Aid). Fill out the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) at www.fafsa.ed.gov (insert link) and/or apply for the BOG waiver (CA Residents only) for your opportunity to qualify for financial aid. Visit our Financial Aid office for more information.
5. Complete reading, writing, and math ASSESSMENT TESTS.
Assessment testing is computerized and free of charge. Results of testing help a counselor place you in appropriate course levels. (see note below) For more information or to make an appointment: call 530-251-8833 or email: email@example.com. Practice tests are available at www.act.org/compass/sample.
*Note: Counselors use multiple measures to determine course placement. Please bring high school transcripts, ACT, SAT, AP test scores, and/or other college transcripts, if available.
*International students must also demonstrate English proficiency though additional testing prior to admission.
6. See a COUNSELOR.
You can see a counselor on a first come, first served basis once you have completed the assessment tests and completed New Student Orientation. Meeting with a counselor provides you with information on which courses are required to meet your educational goals. Answers to many frequently asked questions are available on the Counseling Office webpage.
Optional Steps – If applicable
- Transfer students – Send all official college transcripts to Admissions and Records
- Apply for Housing – If interested in on-campus housing (dorms) – Contact Housing Office
- Apply to EOP&S (If Eligible) – Extended Opportunity Program and Services (CA Residents only)
- Must have completed ALL 6 steps above, and have all official college transcripts on file in Admissions.
- Check with EOP&S for additional details on eligibility and requirements.
QUESTIONS? CONTACT US!
- Admissions and Records – 530-251-8808, fax – 530-251-8802, email – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Financial Aid – 530-251-8849, fax – 530-251-8894, email email@example.com
- Assessment Testing – 530-251-8833, email – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Counseling Office – 530-251-8842, fax – 530-251-8885, email – email@example.com
- IT Help Desk – 530-251-8844, email - firstname.lastname@example.org
- EOP&S Advisor – 530-251-6181 Ext 8953, email - email@example.com
- Housing Office – 530-251-8879, email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Welcome To Lassen College!
Lassen Rural Bus
Prospective Student Guidebook
Apply for Admission
2015 - 2016 Academic Calendar
2016 - 2017 Academic Calendar
2017 - 2018 Academic Calendar
Fall 2015 Important Dates
Fall 2015 Finals Schedule
Summer 2016 Important Dates
Fall 2016 Important Dates
New Student Orientation