CARES Act Federal Emergency Relief Grant
To address the pressing financial need of students due to the disruption of campus operations from coronavirus, these emergency financial aid grants were made available directly to eligible students as outlined in the federal CARES Act legislation.
These emergency grants were used for students' unmet financial need and unexpected expenses caused by COVID-19, such as food, housing, course materials, technology, health care, and child-care expenses. Students that have a debt on their account were allowed but not required to use these funds towards paying off that debt. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the financial aid office at email@example.com or (530) 251-8849.
CARES Act Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund Reporting
- Lassen Community College acknowledges that it signed and returned to the U.S. Department of Education the required Certification and Agreement. LCC acknowledges that the institution has used, or intends to use, no less than 50 percent of the funds received under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act to provide Emergency Financial Aid Grants to students.
- The total amount of funds that LCC has received from the Department pursuant to the institution's Certification and Agreement [for] Emergency Financial Aid Grants to Students is $1,247,028.
- The total amount of Emergency Financial Aid Grants distributed to students (up to September 30, 2021) under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act is $364,702.
- The estimated total number of students at LCC eligible to participate in programs under Section 484 in Title IV of the Higher Education Act of 1965 and thus eligible to receive Emergency Financial Aid Grants to students under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act is 1795.
- The total number of students who have received an Emergency Financial Aid Grant under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act is 505.
- The methods used to determine which students received CARES Act Emergency Grants were as follows:
- Spring 2020 and Fall 2020: Students enrolled in 6+ units with an EFC of $0-$1,000 received $500, and students with 6+ units and an EFC of $1001-$2,000 received $300.
- Fall 2021 to Date: Students with documented financial need taking 12+ units have received $800. Students taking 6.0-11.5 units have received $500.
- The most recent instructions, directions, or guidance provided by LCC to students concerning the Emergency Financial Aid Grants was as follows…
To address the pressing financial need of students due to the disruption of campus operations from coronavirus, these emergency financial aid grants are being made available directly to eligible students as outlined in the federal CARES Act legislation. This emergency grant may be used for your unmet financial need and unexpected expenses caused by COVID-19, such as food, housing, course materials, technology, health care, and child-care expenses.
If you have a balance owed on your LCC account, you may use these funds towards paying off that debt, but you are not required to do so. However, having a balance on your account will prevent you from registering for Spring 2022 classes. If you would like to check and see if you have a balance on your account, and/or would like to pay that down, please contact Susie by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org or call (530) 251-8708.
HEERF Institutional Funds: LCC also applied for and received institutional funding as outlined in the CARES Act legislation in the amount of $1,796,191. Please click on the links below to see how this funding has been utilized thus far.