Financial Aid Calendar
- File Your Taxes: Remember to file your tax return(s) early. You will need it to complete your FAFSA application accurately.
- Complete the FAFSA: Submit your FAFSA no earlier than January 1. The online FAFSA is available January 2 at www.fafsa.ed.gov. Be sure you and your parents, if required, sign it. Also remember to keep photocopies of everything you submit.
- Review Your Financial Aid Application
- Review your Student Aid Report, or SAR, for accuracy. Make any corrections to your SAR immediately and return it to the processor.
- Apply for Cal Grant: Check with the financial aid office for the Cal Grant A, B, and C deadline.
- Mail your FAFSA to the federal processor postmarked no later than March 2.
- Send your GPA Verification Form to the California Student Aid Commission by the March 2 postmark deadline.
Notify Schools: f you applied for financial aid at more than one school, notify the schools you have decided not to attend.
Prepare A Budget: Prepare a college financial plan. Start with EDWISE ™ , the financial planning guide, at www.edwise.org.
Pick up the coming year applications to apply for State and Federal Aid programs.
Meet all deadlines: Contact the financial aid office about any other deadlines you may need to meet.
Collect Your Financial Records: Collect your financial records and those of your family for next year's application. You'll need:
- records of earnings
- Social Security and veterans payments
- current bank statements
- investment information
- business or farm records.
Types of Financial Aid Available:
Financial Aid Forms:
Lassen Community College
P.O. Box 3000
Susanville, CA 96130
Office Phone: 530.251.8850
Office Location: Student Services Building