The Transfer Center
The Transfer Center is designed to help you plan your continued education. The Center provides a variety of services designed to make transfer from the community college as easy and efficient as possible. Visit the Transfer Center today to see what we can do for you!
Services Provided Include:
- Assistance in the development of Student Education Plans
- Processing the Transfer Admission Agreement (TAA) with UC Davis and UC Santa Cruz
- Certifies the Intersegmental General Education Transfer Course (IGETC)
- Certifies the California State University General Education Certification
- Conducts CSU/UC Admissions Application Workshops
- Course evaluations
- Determining transferability of courses
- Determining college options in and out of California
- Determining general education AND lower division course preparation focused on your Major and school of choice
- Hosts the Annual College Day
- Organizes visits to four year campuses and hosts four year campus visits to Lassen Community College
- Tips for searching and applying for Scholarships
- University application assistance/review
College Day is an annual event hosted by the Transfer Center. Lassen College is host to over 25 college representatives from various CSU, UC, California Private Colleges, and out of state universities/colleges. The College Day event will be held in the Fall semester each year in the Cougar Lair (cafeteria). During College Day, university representatives make themselves available to Lassen’s students, faculty, staff, and the general public. Students are encouraged to prepare transfer and/or university requirement questions to ask the representatives.
The following are some example questions:
- What are your admission requirements for transfer students at the junior level?
- How much is your annual tuition?
- Is financial aid available?
- Do you have residence halls?
- Do you have my major?
- Is my major impacted?
- If my major is impacted, what special requirements do I need to complete?
- If I am not accepted in my major, what are my options?
- Can I change to another major?