Associate Degree Requirement
Either an Associate in Arts or Associate in Science Degree shall be conferred upon those who satisfy all of the following requirements (Title V 51620-51626):
- Completion of at least sixty (60) units of courses numbered 1-99.
- The last twelve (12) semester units must be completed in residence at Lassen Community College immediately prior to graduation or a minimum of fourty-eight (48) semester units musthave been completed in residence at Lassen Community College if the student is not inattendance at the time of qualification for graduation.
- Completion of a minimum of eighteen (18) units in a major or discipline as outlined in the CollegeCatalog.
- A minimum grade of 'C' is required in each core course toward a degree or certificate ofachievement with an overall 2.0 grade point average required in all course work. Please see the general education areas and courses that are applicable for the associate degree in the College Catalog.
- Completion of eighteen semester units of general education is required to give breadth.Students must complete one course from each of the following areas for a total of eighteen units:
- Natural Science (3 Units)
- Social and Behavioral Sciences (3 Units)
- Humanities (3 Units)
- Language and Rationality
- English Composition (3 Units)
- Communication and Analytical Thinking (3 Units)
- Health and Physical Activities (3 Units)
- Mathematics Competency Requirement: In order to obtain the Associate Degree fromLassen Community College, a student must meet the math competency requirement. Thisrequirement may be satisfied by either:
- Obtaining a score on the current adopted Lassen Community College mathematicsassessment instruments equivalent to placement into Math 7, 8, 11A or 40.
- A 'C' or better in any three to five unit mathematics course at or above the Math 60 level
from an accredited college or university.
- Reading Competency Requirement: In order to obtain an Associate Degree fromLassen Community College, a student must meet the reading competency requirement. Thisrequirement may be satisfied by obtaining a reading score equivalent to the 12th grade or higher on the current adopted Lassen Community College reading assessment instruments or a 'C' or better in a college level reading course (Reading 51). A "C" or better in a transfer levelcomposition course (ENGL 1); or score 3 or higher on the AP Language and Composition or AP Composition and Literature exam; or Possess an AA, AS, or higher degree.
- Writing Competency Requirement: In order to obtain the Associate Degree fromLassen Community College, a student must meet the writing competency requirement. Thisrequirement may be satisfied by completion of English 1 or a higher level course, with a 'C' orbetter or the equivalent from an accredited college or university.
- Remedial Courses: Courses numbered 100-109 do not count toward an Associate Degree.
- Applying for Your Degree/Certificate: You must apply (petition to graduate) for your degree or certificate in the Counseling Office approximately ten weeks into the semester in which you plan to complete your degree or certificate.